Sunday, January 29, 2006

Season 1, Episode 10 - 1/29/2006

Hi everyone!


Well, I'm about to check out of the volunteer villa here at Sundance. It has been amazing 10 days - I've met and worked with some great people, seen some great (and some not so great) films, and enjoyed this wonderful festival.

My final movie review is for "Alpha Dog" which I saw yesterday afternoon. Overall, I liked it, although parts of it annoyed me. This film answers the question of whether or not Justin Timberlake is an actor (He's not - he basically plays himself, with more cursing.) The story involves a lot of cursing. Oh yeah, and I guess there was some plot about young gangsters who kidnap a rival gangster's kid brother and all of the repercussions of that. Besides JT, it starred Bruce Willis, Sharon Stone, Emile Hirsch, and Ben Foster (who plays a much different character than he did on "Six Feet Under") among many others. 4 stars (out of five).

For those of you who see this film later in the year, please let me know if you become distracted during the scene where Sharon Stone plays an older and fatter version of herself. (If you weren't going to be distracted, you will be now that I'm bringing it up.) The prosthetics department does a fairly good job of adding bad skin and heft to the beautiful and skinny actress. However, during the entire scene, I kept thinking "you missed a spot." Her entire face is made up to be bloated and dirty - except for this perfect area of skin between her nose and her mouth. I dare you to watch that scene without fixating on that flawless patch of skin.

I'll write a final Missives wrap-up tomorrow. Until then...

Ted

No comments: